Watch the video setup guide on how to setup tigerVPN on your Windows 8 Computer.
Detailed step by step instructions:
1) Locate the Desktop
2) On the right hand sight locate "Settings"
3) Click Control Panel
4) Select Network & Internet
5) Select Network & Sharing Center
6) Click "Set up a new connection or network"
7) Pick "connect to a workplace"
8) Select "use my Internet connection (VPN)"
9) Internet Address:
Enter the tigerVPN Server ID. You can find that information in the dashboard.
For example, lon.tigervpn.com is the server address for London. nyc.tigervpn.com would be for New York City.
10) Destination name: Pick anything meaningful to you, like tigerVPN Milan or tigerVPN L2TP
11) Tick "Remember my credentials" so you won't need to re-type that again
12) Click Create.
13) From the left hand side, select "change adapter settings"
14) Locate the profile you just created a couple of seconds before, right click and select properties
15) Select the "security tab"
16) Type of VPN -> pick Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
17) Data encryption - change from "optional" to "maximum"
18) Tick "allow these protocols" so it becomes available (currently greyed out)
19) Tick "Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)"
20) Hit OK, until the VPN Profile is visible again.
21) Right click the VPN Profile again to select "create a shortcut" so you have a short cut on the desktop.
25) Click the short cut - on the right hand side, a side menu will show up with the profile you created.
26) Click connect, a Network Authentication popup will ask you for a username and a password.
27) Username - Enter the tigerVPN ID (not your account email) you can find that in the dashboard
28) Password - Enter the VPN password (not your account password) that you also find on the dashboard.
It's case sensitive so please copy paste the information to avoid typos.
29) Click Connect and you will start the VPN session to the VPN you setup.
30) In order to disconnect, click the disconnect button.