Here are the steps which will help you create a L2TP connection on your Win7:
1. Let's start by opening "Control Panel" and then go to " Network and Internet"
2. Go to "Network and Sharing Center":
3. Select "Set up a new connection or network" :
4. Pick "Connect to a workplace" :
5. A pop up will appear asking you how do you wish to connect. Select first option, "Use my Internet connection (VPN)" :
6. In the " Internet address" tab type the address of the server you wish to connect to. In my example, for London, the server address is: lon.tigervpn.com .
You can check the server addresses over here: https://help.tigervpn.com/support/solutions/articles/1000201715-server-names-and-ips
In the "Description name" type anything you wish as this is just for you to keep track of all your VPN profiles, in the example below I have used London L2TP.
7. "User name" should be the tigerID, which you can find inside your customer Dashboard, for example tiger12345
In the password field, please type in or copy-paste the tiger password, which is also available inside your Dashboard. For example Xch6OM
Tick "Remember this password" and then hit connect.
8. A new pop up will appear, just hit "Skip" and then "Close":
9. Now go to "Change adapter settings" :
10. Find the VPN profile you have just created, in our case London L2TP , right click and select " Properties":
11. Please go to the "Security" tab and make the following changes:
Type of VPN : select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)
Data encryption: Maximum
And please make sure that Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol and Microsoft CHAP version 2 are checked as you can see below:
12. Go to "Advanced settings" then please select "Use preshared key for authentication"
In the Key section please type in tigerVPN and please make sure you type it as you see here since it is case sensitive. :)
Hit "OK" to save the changes, and again "OK" to close the tab.
13. Right click on London L2TP profile we have just created and click connect. Below you can see that we are already connected to London sooo go ahead and enjoy! :)